Connect with Irene Njoroge
At CAfRIC Centre, we are dedicated to providing the highest standard of care by integrating evidence-based practices and trauma-informed techniques into every facet of our services. Our commitment to excellence and sensitivity to the impact of trauma drive us to create a healing environment that not only addresses immediate needs but also fosters long-term well-being.
- Connect with CAfRIC Centre
Irene is a Canadian trained and certified mental health and substance use clinician, educator and public health professional, who holds a Bachelor of Nursing Degree, A Master of Public Health and a plethora of Post-Graduate Certificates in mental health and substance use treatment and counselling. Prior to founding CAfRIC Centre, she was practicing in Canada for 12 years, and was highly involved in substance use treatment, education, research, program development, and content development. She has co-authored a number of publications.
Irene is also the Founder of CAfRIC International, through which she has been an avid advocate of promoting equity and access to mental health and substance use treatment for African and Caribbean Black people in Canada. Irene’s passion stems from her own personal experiences, growing up with siblings who struggled with mental health and substance use. She hopes to honor the legacy and resilience of her deceased parents and siblings by ensuring that other families have access to information and treatment, so they do not struggle the way her family did.
- Spotlight on Irene Njoroge, advanced practice nurse in the WCH Rapid Access Addiction Medicine Clinic
- Irene Njoroge’s research while affiliated with Women’s College
- Top signs of problematic substance use
- First barrier-free rapid access addiction clinic in downtown Toronto core opens
- Our expert Irene Njoroge, advanced practice nurse in the Substance Use Service Women’s College Hospital discusses some of the main predisposing factors for #SubstanceUse
- Kenyan Lady recognized with Social Responsibility Legend Award in Canada
- Abeingo awards an outstanding community member
- Reference letter – Dan Cass BSc, MD, FRCPC
- Reference letter – Dr Kahan